Friday, July 18, 2008

Vote Vs. Don't


It's election time. I never realize how important it is for a good citizen to vote for the nation. And then it comes to negative point of views for those who don't vote. We don't use our unique rights to choose the right leader to do good for our country. So it means that we choose not to have our voices to be heard. It's a waste. I read an article of foreign observer on Cambodia election the other day. It indicated that the majority of young Khmer people do not even bother to register to vote. And that includes me. I never vote. I remembered the first time I was qualified to vote was high school time. I did not even care about politic. Two terms of election passed by, I did not vote. Now I care about Cambodian politic; I care about how Cambodia is leaded; I care about my own people. So I want to register to vote. However, the problem is I do not know who should I vote for. I've been trying to balance the reasons behind the media. Of course, they're bias. I'm afraid that I choose the wrong choice. It's quite different from American politics system. I mean I saw debate news of American presidential candidates on TV or Youtube. But I never saw Khmer politicians ever debate on any issue. All they do is criticize each other. Thus, it's hard to make a logical judgement. Huh... At least I come up with 2 parties now in my mind. I'll go for either Sam Rainsy or CPP. Hahaha...Still deciding.

No comments: